Public Benefit Statement
noho is also incorporated in Colorado USA as a Public Benefit Corporation. This carries with it certain responsibilities and measures:
- The purpose of the Corporation [noho PBC] is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which corporations may be organised under the Colorado Acts, as the same exists or as may hereafter be amended from time to time. The purpose of the Corporation shall include creating a material positive impact on society and the environment, taken as a while, from the business and operations of the Corporation.
- The Corporation shall be a public benefit corporation as contemplated by the Public Benefit Act, or any successor provisions. The Corporation is intended to produce a public benefit or public benefits and to operate in a responsible and sustainable manner. To that end, the Corporation shall be managed in a manner that balances the shareholders’ pecuniary interests, the best interest of those materially affected by the Corporation’s conduct and the public benefit or benefits identified in these Articles of Incorporation. Accordingly, it is intended that the business and operations of the Corporation create a material positive impact on society and the environment, taken as a whole. If the Public Benefit Act is amended to alter or further define the management and operation of public benefit corporations, then the Corporation shall be managed and operated in accordance with the Public Benefit Act, as so amended.
- As its specific purpose, noho shall promote the following public benefits:
- The design and creation of products that are fundamentally healthier for people to use due to their superior support of both the human body and how users live; and
- The deep commitment to business practices that use environmentally sustainable materials and processes, reduce harmful waste streams and pollution, and encourage responsible product stewardship.